What is Speech and Language Therapy?
If you are here, the chances are, you are concerned about your child’s speech and language development. But how can you tell the difference between every day parental concern and something that needs help from Speech and Language Therapy?
All children develop at different rates. Some will be speaking full sentences before you know it and others take a little longer.
Some of the indicators that your child might need additional support from a Speech and Language Therapist include:
- Not being able to follow instructions
- People frequently can not understand your child
- They struggle to express their needs
- They are not able to tell you about the things that interest them
- Their words and sentences sometimes seem to get ‘stuck’
The key thing is not to sit and worry about it but to act. Getting help early will give your child the best start to becoming a happy and confident communicator.
If you have concerns about your child contact me today and we can talk through their needs and how I might be able to help you.